We are now well into lockdown 3.0 and the Prime Minister has confirmed we are still some time from considering lifting restrictions. Under normal circumstances, many property insurance products would automatically reduce coverage for premises that remain unoccupied. However, given the extraordinary circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic we can confirm that full coverage will continue without notification for unoccupied properties that meet the following conditions:
- The property is mandated to close according to the latest COVID lockdown rules
- The premises are inspected internally at least once every 7 days, by or on behalf of the Insured
- All trade refuse and waste materials are removed from the interior of the premises, with no accumulation of refuse or waste being allowed in the adjoining yards or spaces owned by the Insured
- The premises are secure at all times, by putting all fastenings and protections, including locking devices and any alarm protection, into full and effective operation
- The gas, water and electricity supplies, are turned off at the mains (except electricity needed to maintain any fire or intruder alarm systems, or water and heating systems for sprinklered premises)
These conditions and provisions will apply to all C-Quence Commercial policies.
We appreciate the efforts that businesses continue to make in order to maintain trading as well as abide by Government restrictions. Therefore, if there are alterations required to reflect a change in trading behaviour, or if sections of cover are no longer required please let us know. For certain products Mid Term Amendments can be processed electronically.
We are here to support you and your clients during these unprecedented times and hope you find this update helpful.
Stay safe and look after those around you.